Let Your Personality Shine!
The most important thing you can achieve in life is acquiring a dynamic personality that has people admiring you from a distance and longing to be with you or have the things you gained in life. This particular magnetic personality takes lots of practice for many and others seem to be born with it. Either way, practicing confidence starts from the time you wake up in the morning until the time you go to bed every day of your life.
Besides making your bed each morning, to help start your day off right, it’s imperative to have clean personal hygiene.
Good personal hygiene is essential for our health, culture and style. Without having a healthy level of cleanliness, your body will respond to diseases of the skin. Also, we love to be social animals, and we will risk our acceptance into society if we appear to be unkempt and have body odor. Therefore, it’s important to have daily hygiene maintenance routines and be clean and stylish from top to toe.
EASY DAILY HYGIENE ROUTINES
Everyone wants the hair of a TV Star. No matter what the styles are on TV, that’s what we’ll be wearing the next day, right? Braids, curls, colors, whatever the TV star trends are, that’s pretty much where we’ll be! But we also want that bouncy, shiny, youthful looking hair they possess.
- Wash your hair at least every 2-3 days, with the proper Shampoo and Conditioner for your type of hair.
- Never use hand soaps on your hair as they contain chemicals like sodium bicarbonate and is harsh on the hair.
- Natural drying of your hair is best, however, do not blow dry hair on hot heat or use the hairdryer too frequently, as this can cause damage to your hair.
- Massage Coconut Oil on your scalp once a week to provide nutrition to the hair follicles.
This process will help your hair to grow faster and give you healthy, shiny locks. Emulsify some coconut oil between your palms and apply to scalp two hours before shampooing. Wash and style as usual.
Visit your hair stylist every 5 to 8 weeks (depending on your hair style) for a trim of dead ends or for a new look!
People sweat throughout the day, and we have soap and water which are vital for keeping the skin clean and disease free.
- Bathe or shower at least once or twice a day. Especially in warmer climates.
- Use an anti-bacterial soap to wash your hands several times throughout the day.
- Washing hands prevents you from getting sick and from spreading germs around.
- Add drops of an antiseptic liquid to your bath water along with your bath salts.
- Towel dry well, especially feet (between your toes) before putting on footwear.
- Avoid sharing your bathing or washing towels.
- Clean behind your ears and inside them!
- Apply Moisturizer or coconut oil to your skin daily to keep your skin supple.
Everyone wants that beautiful white smile! It’s easy to achieve. You just have to be diligent every day in your oral health. If you do not remove the food particles in your mouth, you can develop serious problems ranging from bad breath to cavities and even gum disease. It’s important to have clean oral hygiene by following the list below:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably after each meal to help clean out any food debris.
- Use a new electric brush that aids in reaching every nook and corner of your teeth.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue.
- Floss every day or more when required.
- Change brush every three months.
- Before going out, brush teeth and gargle with mouthwash.
- Drink lots of water to keep the mouth hydrated, moist and odor free.
- Visit your dentist regularly for cleanings.
- For a whiter and shinier smile, brush your teeth with coconut oil.
Place a chunk of solid coconut oil on your dry toothbrush and brush. I like using an electric toothbrush. The oil has a cleaning agent that will clean your make your teeth whiter and shinier than any toothpaste and it also kills bacteria and germs so it works like a mouthwash as well! Double Bonus!
HANDS, FEET AND NAIL HYGIENE
The most common way we spread germs is by our hands, and that is why we must take special care in keeping them clean and neat.
- Wash your hands with an anti-bacterial soap before every meal.
- Thoroughly wash between your fingers and the back of your hands after using the washroom.
- Make sure your nails are nicely manicured and well presented.
- Wash hands before handling food or cooking.
- Keep hands away from face and from scratching or touching your eyes, ears or nose.
- Always use gloves when gardening, handling chemicals or using hot soapy water.
- Apply hand moisturizer a few times a day to keep your hands soft and supple.
We alway neglect these bad boys, and they carry us around all day and are the most tired at night. Ways to keep your feet clean and happy are as follows:
- Soak feet in warm water with a splash of vinegar, then wash with soap.
- Scrub your heels using a pumice stone to keep skin soft and prevent it from cracking.
- Apply coconut oil or foot cream to keep your feet supple. Bonus if you know someone who will give you a nice foot rub?
- Powder your dry feet before putting on socks to prevent perspiration and smell.
- Pat your feet dry and don’t forget between your toes.
- Use proper footwear that makes for a good posture and a comfortable gait.
- Never wear the same shoes every day. Always alternate your shoe wear, this way they have time to thoroughly dry out from the last time you wore them, plus your shoes will last longer!
There’s nothing anymore disgusting than seeing someone with dirt under their nails. They could be groomed to the nines, looking like Scarlett Johansson and everything, but if their nails are dirty, yuk! They will look dirty! You start to look more closely at them and try to find other things wrong with them. Really! So let’s look at Nail Tips.
- Clean your nails often and thoroughly remove the dirt.
- Trim nails using short rounded edge at least every two weeks.
- Try to wear nail polish only on occasions as it is hard on the nail beds.
- Treat your cuticles to some cuticle cream, your nail bed will love you!
- Avoid acrylic or gel treatments as they are harsh on the nail beds!
- Pamper yourself at least every five weeks to a manicure and pedicure.
The dreaded “time of the month.” Periods make us feel bloated and uncomfortable. However, this natural human process cannot be avoided but here’s how to make it less of a hassle.
- Change your sanitary pad, tampon, or pantyliner frequently to prevent discomfort or odour.
- Shower or bathe twice a day. Hygiene is of the utmost importance!
- Don’t wear tight underwear or pants as these trap sweat and are breeding grounds for bacteria and foul smells.
- Wear loose-fitting cotton underwear. Try to avoid wearing synthetic underwear.
- Remove soiled, sweaty pants as soon as you can.
Developing good grooming habits is one of the most important steps in gaining confidence. Today, we covered some main tips on grooming our bodies and it’s important that you follow these regimens so that they become second nature to you. By doing so, you will develop healthy grooming habits and start to experiment with different products and will choose the best for yourself.
You will radiate with confidence when you go out in public knowing that you are clean, well-groomed and smell fantastic from your hair products, bath salts, body lotion, or perhaps a little perfume! By being aware of the comments and reactions of your friends and co-workers, you will soon be able to make decisions on what products smell the best on you. Be scent sensitive, a lot of places do not appreciate scents like, hospitals, dentists offices, government offices and places that have a scent-free environment sign. Next!
A fit body is a healthy body, and a healthy body is a healthy mind. By keeping your weight in check and getting proper exercise, you become a slim and happy person. Someone who feels confident about their body.
However, someone obese or anorexic will find themselves unhappy both psychologically and physically, not to mention they are prone to many diseases. That is why fitness must become an essential part of our daily routine.
I will cover this in my next blog! Tips on Keeping Fit Daily ~ Body and Mind!